Sustainable EDGE specializes in sustainability consulting for the design and planning of commercial, institutional and residential green buildings and their sites, as well as the planning and design of sustainable communities.
Sustainable EDGE believes that the key to the success of any green project is team collaboration. From the initial design concepts through to construction completion, implementation of sustainable measures depends on a consistent and knowledgeable team effort. In addition to our core services listed below we have an established network of specialist consultants to provide clients with full scope sustainability services.
Most sustainable solutions usually require little or no additional capital cost. As well, resulting lower operating costs allow for financing of additional innovations and exceptional features that will make your project a leader among sustainable developments.
- Low-energy envelope analysis and design
- Analysis of thermal and energy building performance
- Computerized simulation studies
- Mechanical system concept design
- Renewable energy system design
- Building science consulting
- Material specifications for sustainability and superior indoor air quality
- Highly efficient water systems and non-potable water collection and reuse
- Renewable energy and District energy design
- Alternative water treatment and natural waste treatment systems consulting
- Strategic Integrated Community Sustainability Plans (ICSPs), including energy management plans
- Sustainable land use programming and allocation strategies
- Urban design strategies and guidelines for passive energy reductions
- Technical and financial feasibility including life-cycle cost studies
- Sustainability Audit and remediation design for existing buildings
- Green buildings design consulting including for the Living Building Challenge, LEED certification, Toronto Green Standard and other rating systems
- Integrated Design Facilitation
- Energy planning, policy and program studies
- Engineering reports for financial incentive programs available from utilities and gas supply companies
- Detailed research studies including computer based simulation tools
- Management of engineering disciplines to ensure sustainability compliance
Contact us today to find out how our expertise can help you on your next project!